Zach Fox (he/they/🏳️🌈) is a photographer living in Queens, New York with roots in Frederick MD, San Francisco, and Boston.
Zach has been wrangling photons onto film and digital camera sensors for over 25 years, starting with a Nickelodeon PhotoBlaster in the late 90s.
He specializes in capturing authentic moments using natural light. His unique editing style produces warm, crisp images fit for screen and large-format print.
Zach believes that inviting vulnerability into photo sessions produces the best results. His favorite assignments involve photographing people who are doing things that make them feel personally fulfilled, nourished, and happy, such as:
- Going for a walk with loved ones
- Engaging with their favorite hobbies
- Exploring a new place
Zach's favorite current photography gear includes:
- Canon EOS R5 Camera Body
- Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM Lens (my current favorite lens)
- Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C (heavy beast; basically a telescope)
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM Lens (excellent versatile long zoom)
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens (great for scanning film negatives)
Photography Philosophy Mini-Documentary
Liv is Zach's wife, part-time assistant, and full-time supporter. While in Iceland in November 2021, she captured several hours of video, interviewed Zach with meaningful questions, and then produced this seven-minute video:
My work is supported in part by my gracious Patrons. Thank you for your support.
Arctic Fox Patrons
Fennec Fox Patrons
- Naples Drift